Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Asparagus declares it is spring

This asparagus spear has snuck up on me - I've finally had it long enough that I can start to pick the asparagus and we've put the house on the market - I must have asparagused the whole of NSW. I'll need to pick this one today or it will turn into a fern. I can keep picking all the spears that emerge for a couple of months before I let any grow into ferns. Lady with an asparagus farm told me to cut new shoots under the ground. Now I've had this plant in for five years I can cut about as much as I want to.

So asparagus, silverbeet, broccoli, cauliflower, nasturtium, rocket and lettuce, capsicums and chillis, various herbs and a few varieties of lettuce.

Bon appetit

1 comment:

  1. Hi June, congratulations on your blog. It is fantastic. What a magnificent service you are providing to the world. This is precisely the direction that we need to encourage the world to go. I teach tango using ZEN in Rome but am originally from the US (Austin, Texas). Come visit me some time and take a lesson from me. Here is my latest tango video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-5X1VPtwec

    ReplyDelete