Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Family Recipe : Egg & Bacon Slice

Ingredients:

Stale bread : enough to cover base of dish
Grated cheese 3/4 cup
Bacon Rashers about 3
Eggs 6 to 8
Milk about 3 cups
Mayonnaise 2 Tablespoons
Worcestershire Sauce 1 Teaspoon
Mustard 2 teaspoons dried
Mixed herbs to taste or whatever's fresh
Shallots to taste
Capsicum green Capsicum red half of each

Variations on a theme are endless with this dish if you have stale bread and chooks are laying. Use whatever is growing or substitute, fetta, spinach, siverbeet, mushrooms, grated zuccini.

I always feel so virtuous when I make this dish as it costs so little to make. It's better when left till next day so it's a great dish for making you feel organised.

Cook the bacon & drain it. Then layer all dry ingredients in casserole dish starting with bread obviously. Start wet ingredients wiith the mayo, mustard and worcestershire blend well and add eggs one at a time so you don't get any glumpy bits, then add milk and herbs and pour over the bread mixture. Cover, refrigerate overnight. Preheat moderate oven and bake uncovered for 50 minutes to one hour until it puffs up.




2 comments:

  1. Hi June,

    This sounds and looks good.

    I hope you are having the success you are looking for in blogging and internet marketing.

    I have a nutrition business, additionally I help people with their blogs by providing free hosting with the same company that some of the top internet marketers host with.

    Why? Because if I can teach you how to earn a little money on the internet, you may look at my nutrition business. Health, not money is your number one asset, but you do need moeny so you have your number two asset, your freedom. Without your health, you are a prisoner and without your freedom, you are a slave.

    Respectfully,

    Duane Spears
    http://duanespears.com
    skype: onlinebusinessmentor

    USANA Health Sciences
    http://duane.usana.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. June,

    I posted a comment and I am not sure if it was accepted.

    Your above receipt sounds and looks good.

    If you need free hosting, I can help. Check out my site at http://duanespears.com

    I had written a longer post, but I think it got deleted because of google.

    Dump google as a blogging platform.

    Duane
    http://duanespears.com
    skype: onlinebusinessmentor

    ReplyDelete